WelCOME TO Wimpergekko.nl

The site for everything you want and need to know about keeping and caring for the Crested Gecko (Correlophus ciliatus).

Crested Gecko

Wimpergekko | Correlophus Ciliatus

The Crested Gecko is an evening and night active gecko, this gecko species mainly sleeps during the day and rarely shows itself. Once awake as soon as dusk falls, these geckos are very active and can easily hit all kinds of surfaces thanks to their adhesive fins. Crested Geckos do their best in a quiet and stress-free terrarium and provide a lot of viewing pleasure for young and old.

fired-up gecko on treetrunk

General Information

The name of the Crested Gecko refers to the small spines above the eyes, which are strongly reminiscent of eyelashes. This species can easily reach an age of 15 to sometimes 25 years in captivity and thus become old for a reptile. This is something to consider before purchasing a Crested Gecko!

Read more ….

terraria

Housing

There are a lot of things to consider when setting up and setting up a terrarium. Always have a terrarium available before purchasing a Crested Gecko (or actually any reptile for that matter). This saves you and your animal a lot of stress and prevents problems and promotes habituation in the first period at home. This will keep your animal in good condition.

Read more ….

map-nieuw-caledonie

Origin

Crested Geckos come from the eastern islands of New Caledonia , an archipelago lies west of Fiji and east of Australia. The archipelago has an area of 18,575 km² and belongs to a French overseas territory with temperatures between 23 ° C and 27 ° C.

Read more ….

cg-licking-eye

Nutrition

In the wild, Crested Geckos have a diet that consists of approximately 40% animal food and the remaining 60% mostly fruit (often very ripe to overripe). In captivity the diet consists mainly of specially developed food in powder or jelly form supplemented with insects such as crickets.

Read more ….

Contact

Do you have questions about the care of your gecko, problems you encounter or just want some extra information?

No problem, send us an email using the contact form below and we will be happy to help you with all your questions.

Contact

Do you have questions about the care of your gecko, problems you encounter or just want some extra information?

No problem, send us an email using the contact form below and we will be happy to help you with all your questions.