Origin

The Crested Gecko is a lizard species native to the eastern islands of New Caledonia, an archipelago west of Fiji and east of Australia. For a long time, this gecko species was thought to be extinct, but it was rediscovered in 1994. Since the rediscovery of the species, much has been bred in captivity and even saved the species.

The Crested Gecko is originally found in thickets and low trees in the forests of New Caledonia. The animals are then quite shy. They eat insects and fruits. Crested Geckos have a diet that consists of about 40% out of insects and the other 60% mostly fruit (often very ripe to overripe).

map-new-caledonia
Sea-and-island-tip

Climate

The tropical climate of New Caledonia is tempered by the incessant influence of the seawater and has two seasons, namely a wet and a dry season. The average temperature is between 23 ° C and 27 ° C throughout the year. Due to the many hours of sunshine and heavy rainfall, the climate has a high humidity.

forest-new-caledonia

Flora and Fauna

New Caledonia has a unique flora and fauna with very rich nature reserves, beautiful lagoons and one of the richest reefs in the world. In New Caledonia you will find paradise beaches, bright sun, untouched nature, savannas, waterfalls and rivers. A wonderful place for the Crested Gecko to have as a natural biotope.

Sea-and-island-tip

Climate

The tropical climate of New Caledonia is tempered by the incessant influence of the seawater and has two seasons, namely a wet and a dry season. The average temperature is between 23 ° C and 27 ° C throughout the year. Due to the many hours of sunshine and heavy rainfall, the climate has a high humidity.

forest-new-caledonia

Flora and Fauna

New Caledonia has a unique flora and fauna with very rich nature reserves, beautiful lagoons and one of the richest reefs in the world. In New Caledonia you will find paradise beaches, bright sun, untouched nature, savannas, waterfalls and rivers. A wonderful place for the Eyelash Gecko to have as a natural biotope.

The Crested Gecko is a lizard species native to the eastern islands of New Caledonia, an archipelago west of Fiji and east of Australia. For a long time, this gecko species was thought to be extinct, but it was rediscovered in 1994. Since the rediscovery of the species, much has been bred in captivity and even saved the species.
map-new-caledonia
The eyelash gecko is originally found in thickets and low trees in the forests of New Caledonia. The animals are then quite shy. They eat insects and fruits.
Crested Geckos have a diet that consists of about 40% out of insects and the other 60% mostly fruit (often very ripe to overripe).

Climate

Sea-and-island-tip
The tropical climate of New Caledonia is tempered by the incessant influence of the seawater and has two seasons, namely a wet and a dry season. The average temperature is between 23 ° C and 27 ° C throughout the year. Due to the many hours of sunshine and heavy rainfall, the climate has a high humidity.

Flora en Fauna

forest-new-caledonia
New Caledonia has a unique flora and fauna with very rich nature reserves, beautiful lagoons and one of the richest reefs in the world. In New Caledonia you will find paradise beaches, bright sun, untouched nature, savannas, waterfalls and rivers. A wonderful place for the Eyelash Gecko to have as a natural biotope.